Saturday 29 March 2008

The Darkness


Sludge.


Thick, oozing darkness


that tempts me, lures me in.


I ponder my options,


scanning, thinking,


how should I choose?





And then stirs within me:


my secret passion.


I confess my addiction,


I feel so helpless.


I crave it,


I yearn for the darkness


to overcome me,


to sharpen, awaken, arouse my senses:


its smell, entices me


the anticipation, draws me in


its taste, that divine sensation,


like angels dancing on the tongue!





I swallow its goodness down willingly,


sad when the final segment disappears.


The stomach, now full,


the soul still wanting.


How long till our blissful reunion?


Must I really wait another day,


for the Marmite blackness to surround
me again?





2 comments:

Helen said...

I thought it was going to be chocolate.. but then... arrrggghhh! it was marmite!

Richard Cook said...

ROFL!! I just re-read it and I agree, it could just as well be dark chocolate!! But alas, an ode to the glorious thing that is Marmite. All hail the black jar!! ;D